- Mouth ulcers
- Dental caries
- Discoloured teeth
- 10 questions about teeth-grinding
- What destroys your teeth?
- Gum disease: Ten questions about gingivitis
- 10 questions on whitening your teeth
- 10 questions about…Fluoride
- All you need to know about taste disorders
- Choosing the right toothpaste
- Acid attack: Soft drinks and tooth erosion
- Herpes: How to protect yourself and others
- Why eating sushi could protect your teeth
- Why chewing gum is good for your teeth
- Tooth abscesses: Don't wait to stop the infection
- Teeth whitening: The secret to a perfect smile
- Bruxism: Why grinding your teeth is bad for you
Chest and throat problems
Sore throats and coughs must be some of the most common ailments that we all come down with each and every winter. Take a look at our dossier to work out just what kind of sore throat or cough you have so that you can treat it in the best possible way.
Acute bronchitis is the short-term inflammation of the airways, most often due to a viral infection.
A cough is a reflex response to irritation or infection of the respiratory tract.
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the larynx (voice box), usually caused by infection and producing hoarseness.
Pharyngitis and tonsillitis are inflammations of the pharynx (throat) and/or the tonsils.
Tiredness, fever, swollen glands and lack of appetite are all symptoms of infectious mononucleosis, also known as glandular fever. Sometimes called the ‘kissing disease’, glandular fever is transmitted through the saliva, and mainly affects adolescents. What causes glandular fever and how is it...
Get more on this subject…